Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thank You Thursday! 


         When my sisters returned from their trip to Jamaica I couldn't help but be a little jealous of all the stories they had to tell and the people they had met. I had never seen them so excited and passionate about anything before and I realized that the children they had cared for had become family during their five week stay.  Kathryn told us about how she had become a Godmother to a unique little boy who had changed her life for the better. It wasn't long before Kathryn was sending care packages to Eniko and making plans to visit him again. She was determined to finish nursing school and obtain a degree so she could help children like her Godson.
        
         In September, when we heard of Eniko’s passing, Kathryn was devastated. It was evident that although Eniko was not blood related, he had become a part of our family. We immediately started thinking of ways to honor Eniko  and share with others how significant his short life truly was. ‘Race for Eniko’ is our way of honoring Eniko for teaching us so much and for becoming a member of our family.


         This week we are reminded of the importance of family and what the word family means to us. Pope John Paul II said.The sickness of a family member is a call to Christians to demonstrate true compassion, that gentle and persevering sharing in another’s pain”.  Although I was originally envious of Kathryn’s trip to Jamaica, I soon realized that I had a lot to learn from my big sister. It was clear that she was following her call as a Christian and her compassion for her Godson was undeniable. On this Thank you Thursday I would like to thank a very important member of my own family, my big sisters, Kathryn. Thank you for sharing Eniko’s story with us and for being an example of compassion and perseverance. Happy Birthday, Kathryn! We Love You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment